Acceptable Use Policy
DTC customers agree to follow this Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) and the Terms and Conditions as a condition of Internet use. DTC reserves the right to make changes without notice or waive any part thereof as DTC deems necessary.
Customer agrees not to use the Services in a manner prohibited such as transmission of any material including, but not limited to any copyrighted material, material protected by a trade secret or material or messages that are unlawful, harassing, libelous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene or otherwise objectionable in any manner or nature or that encourages conduct that could constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law or regulation.
Customer activity that facilitates a violation of this AUP by any party constitutes a violation of this AUP by the Customer. DTC reserves the right to immediately and without prior notice to filter, block, suspend, and /or terminate access to the Service at any time for any conduct that DTC, in its sole discretion, determines violates or which may violate this AUP or is otherwise harmful to DTC's network/interests or the interests of others. If access is terminated, DTC, in its sole discretion, may refuse to accept all new e-mail sent to the terminated e-mail address and delete Customer's data stored on DTC's service.
Please also take the time to read DTC Internet/DSL Terms and Conditions.
DTC's Commitment to Our Broadband Internet Customers
If you subscribe to Broadband Internet from DTC:
• We will not prevent you or other users of our service from sending and receiving the lawful content of your choice; running lawful applications and using lawful services of your choice; or connecting your choice of legal devices that do not harm the network or the provision of Internet access service, facilitate theft of service, or harm other users of the service.
• We will not unduly discriminate against any lawful Internet content, application, or service in a manner that causes meaningful harm to competition or to you or other users of our service.
• We will continue to disclose accurate and relevant information in plain language about the characteristics and capabilities of our service offerings so you and other users of our service can make informed choices.
• We will disclose the types of practices that we use to manage our network, consistent with standards to be developed by industry Technical Advisory Groups; we reserve the right not to disclose technical details that would undermine the efficacy of these practices.
• We will continue to offer you an open Internet access service as described above, so that option will remain available to you even as we continue to innovate and create new services so that we may also offer you other online options to meet your needs. If and when we provide other online services, we will continue to disclose to you the characteristics, capabilities and terms of our various service offerings. That way you may distinguish between them as you choose whether, which and how many of our services you wish to use or purchase.