On July 6, 1976, Charles and Brenda Prichard purchased Huffman’s Bi-Rite from the late J.P. Huffman and Joe Huffman. Charles and Brenda along with their children, Stan, Sissy, and Stein did not realize that they were developing a lifelong adventure.
After the purchase, the store was named Prichard Bi-Rite. The building, approximately 1600 sq ft., did not have a hot water heater or sewer system. The Prichards immediately started making improvements. They started construction on the building and eventually had approximately 8,000 sq. ft. After the need for more retail space, on January 31, 2006, Prichard Foods moved to their new location on 855 Brush Creek Hwy, Alexandria. Throughout the years, Prichard Foods has grown a great reputation for its meat department, which was once run by the owner, Charles Prichard, but now has been passed down to the oldest son, Stan Prichard. Their daughter, Stephanie (Sissy) Fish, is the produce manager; and their youngest son, Stein Prichard, is the general manager. Brenda still works three days a week in data processing, and Charles only works during emergencies now that he takes care of the family farm where he raises Limousin cattle. The third generation is now working, grandsons Dalton and Spencer, and granddaughter, Shelby.
“Prichard Foods has never opened on Sunday, and it has yet to affect our business in any negative way. God has blessed us in many ways. Our family gives God the glory for all of our accomplishments that have been made throughout our lives,” says Brenda Prichard. “We are so thankful for all the employees that we have employed through the years, and we also thank all our customers that make our business a success. We hope to continue to serve you in many years to come.”
DTC is proud to provide Prichard Foods with a Nortel Norstar Telephone System, DSL, and Long Distance service.