DTC Communications has been approved by the FCC as a provider for the Affordable Connectivity Program to lower the cost of broadband service for eligible households.
Important Emergency Broadband Benefit Program Updates
Emergency Broadband Benefit recipients fully enrolled as of December 31, 2021 will automatically continue to receive their current monthly benefit until March 1, 2022. You can learn more about the program transition and steps you may need to take to stay enrolled after March 1st, by visiting fcc.gov/broadbandbenefit.
About the Affordable Connectivity Program
The Affordable Connectivity Program is a federal government benefit program operated by the FCC that helps ensure that households can afford the broadband they need for work, school, healthcare and more. The benefit provides a discount of up to $30 per month toward internet service for eligible households. The Affordable Connectivity Program is non-transferrable and limited to one monthly service discount per household. If the program ends, or when a household is no longer eligible, subscribers will be subject to DTC’s standard internet rates and terms.
Who Is Eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program?
A household is eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program if a member of the household meets at least one of the criteria below:
- Has an income that is at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines;
- Participates in certain assistance programs, such as SNAP, Medicaid, Federal Public Housing Assistance, SSI, WIC, or Lifeline;
- Participates in Tribal specific programs, such as Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, Tribal TANF, or Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations;
- Participates in the National School Lunch Program or the School Breakfast Program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision;
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year;
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating provider’s existing low-income internet program.
Eligible households must both apply for the program and contact a participating provider to select a service plan. Additional information is available at: https://www.fcc.gov/acp.
To find out if you qualify for the Affordable Connectivity Program, please visit: https://acpbenefit.org/.